TEEN GIRL SURVIVES GUNSHOT TO CHEST, BOY CHARGED IN SHOOTING
- BSO Case Number: PB13-05-07428
- PIO Number: 13-5-24
- Date: May 27, 2013
- Time: 5:49 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1523 N.W. 11 Cir., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Jolessica Williams, female, age 15, 4/15/98, Pompano Beach
- Demetrius Walden, male, age 15, 5/14/98, 1611 N.W. 10 Cir., Apt. #15, Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested a 15-year-old boy Monday night after he shot another teen in the chest.
Demetrius Walden is facing one charge of aggravated battery with a firearm. Detectives from BSO’s Violent Crimes Unit say the victim, Jolessica Williams, and her 14-year-old niece were hanging out with Demetrius and another boy they knew. Demetrius took out a handgun and pointed it at the girls. His friend told Demetrius to put the gun away, but he didn’t. Then Demetrius pointed the gun at Jolessica’s chest, and fired one bullet into her chest. It’s unclear if the shooting was intentional or accidental.
After the shooting, Jolessica and her niece walked about two blocks to a relative's house where they had been having a Memorial Day barbeque. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue treated her there, and Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported her by air to Broward Health Medical Center, where she is recovering.
- INVESTIGATORS: Violent Crimes Dets. Marks, Seaman, Sgt. Rubin
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO Pompano Beach, BSFR 05/28/13 1730
Posted At: 05/28/2013 05:28 PM
Translate This Page: