CAB DRIVER CHARGED IN JUNE HIT-AND-RUN
VICTIM WAS LYING ON THE ROAD WHEN HE WAS RUN OVER
- BSO Case Number: 1306-05-000325
- PIO Number: 13-10-23 (13-6-4)
- Date: June 5, 2013
- Time: 4:26 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 1200 S. Federal Hwy., Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Bernard Williams, 62, male, 7/18/50, 248 SW 13 St., Dania Beach (DECEASED)
- Michael Brandt, 58, male, 4/22/55, 1423 Mayo Street, Hollywood (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A traffic homicide investigation has concluded that a cab driver ran over a man who was lying on the roadway in Dania Beach in early June. The driver turned himself in at the Broward Sheriff’s Office Main jail Wednesday.
BSO detectives obtained a warrant for the arrest of Michael Brandt, 58, on October 15.
Through the investigation, detectives determined the victim, Bernard Williams, 62, was lying on the southbound lanes of Federal Highway in the early morning hours of June 5 when the incident occurred. It is unclear why Williams was on the roadway, though toxicology reports show his blood alcohol content was .22%.
Williams was found around 4:20 a.m., lying in front of the Cyber Pizza Café by passing motorists, who stopped to dial 911. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue arrived on scene and pronounced Williams dead.
Brandt, a Yellow Cab driver, is facing charges of vehicular homicide for fleeing the scene of an accident involving injuries.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. DeJesus, THI; Dania Beach; BSFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 10/24/13 1600
Posted At: 10/24/2013 04:03 PM
- PIO 13-10-23 CAB DRIVER CHARGED IN JUNE HIT-AND-RUN - Michael Brandt, DOB 4/22/55
Translate This Page: