ONE DOWN AND ONE TO GO BSO Catches One Armed Robber, Seeks Second
- BSO Case Number: PB02-10-000043
- PIO Number: 02-10-1
- Date: October 1, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 3573 N. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, FL
- Armando Armas, 20, 8/19/82, 12414 Dover Road, Reisterstown, MD
- Robert Papp, 19, 10/18/83, 7010 NW 38th St. Coral Springs, FL
- Michael P. Rosato, 27, 9/17/75, no known permanent address
- Black male known as “G”, 20-25 years old, medium build, about 160 pounds, clean shaven with gold teeth, cornrows in hair, speaks with a Jamaican accent
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery detectives have arrested one armed robbery suspect and are offering a reward for his unidentified accomplice.
Late the evening of September 30, 2002, 27-year old Michael P. Rosato and an accomplice known on the streets as “G”, met two men at a club in Pompano Beach. As evening turned into the early hours of the following morning, one of the men, 19-year old Robert Papp of Coral Springs said he needed to get more money from his home in Coral Springs. Rosato, “G”, Papp, and Papp’s friend, 20-year old Armando Armas of Reistertown, Maryland got into a car driven by Rosato to go to Papp’s home.
Driving back to the club, Rosato pulled into the parking lot of a Walgreen’s at 3573 N. Federal Highway in Pompano Beach. “G” and Armas went briefly into the store before getting back in the car. Rosato then got out of the car, robbed Papp at gunpoint, and told the victim to “walk away”. Armas got out of the car to leave, but was accosted by “G”. The two men struggled until Rosato approached and pistol-whipped Armas. Rosato and his partner in crime then fled in a gold Lexus.
Moments later, having heard a radio bulletin about the crime, BSO Sgt. Steve Sudman stopped the suspect’s vehicle. When Sgt. Sudman reached into the suspect’s car, Rosato punched the accelerator and sped away. The sergeant couldn’t hold on and suffered a broken finger in the incident. Still, he was able to get the tag number from the suspect’s car. Armed with that information, BSO investigators were able to track Rosato down and arrest him this afternoon in Weston.
Now the search is on for Rosato’s accomplice, “G”. He speaks with a Jamaican accent, has cornrows, gold teeth, a medium build, and weighs about 160 pounds. He frequents central Broward and Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone with information on “G” should call Crime Stoppers anonymously at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000 may be available.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. J. Ventura & J. Donadio, CI, Robbery
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 10/1/02 4:00 p.m.
- Michael P. Rosato - Michael P. Rosato
Translate This Page: