MAN KILLS PUPPY
- BSO Case Number: BS02-04-11337
- PIO Number: 02-4-54
- Date: April 25, 2002
- Time: 1015
- Place of Occurrence: 1651 SW 40 Terrace #A, unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale
- Red, an 8-week-old Pit bull (DECEASED)
- Craig Parrish, 21, 10/8/80, male, 1651 SW 40 Terrace #A, unincorporated Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
A Central Broward man remains behind bars after the Broward Sheriff’s Office Abuse and Neglect Unit arrested him Thursday morning for killing his puppy.
When BSO deputies responded to an apartment in the 1600 block of SW 40 Terrace near Fort Lauderdale, they found a dead puppy in an outside garbage can.
Latavia Green told the deputies her boyfriend, Craig Parrish, put the 8-week-old Pit bull in a plastic bag then in the trash can after he killed him. Green said her boyfriend got upset after the puppy, they called “Red”, went to the bathroom on the tiled living room floor. She said Parrish started choking the dog then slammed her against a wall while she (Green) pleaded with him to stop.
Parrish denied the incident at first, saying the puppy died of natural causes, but later admitted to detectives that he choked Red and discarded the animal’s body after confirming she was dead.
Parrish is being held without bond at the Sheriff’s Office main jail on one count of cruelty to animals and violation of probation. Parrish had recently been placed on probation for a case involving a battery on a law enforcement officer.
BSO Abuse and Neglect detectives also removed a male 8-week-old Pit bull puppy and snake from the apartment.
- INVESTIGATORS: Abuse & Neglect Det. M. Vadnal, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Photo of Suspect - Craig Parrish
Translate This Page: