VICTIM’S COUSIN ARRESTED IN POMPANO BEACH SHOOTING
- Date: December 8, 2013
- Time: 10:15 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 300 block of Northwest 12 Court, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Rodney Toussaint, 22, male, 9/25/91, 949 NE 3 Ave. Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- James Grady Toussaint, 22, male, 11/16/91, 905 NE 12 Ave., Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives investigating the murder of a 22-year-old male Sunday night in Pompano Beach have arrested the victim’s cousin for his involvement in the shooting.
Around 9:15 p.m. Dec. 8, the victim, Rodney Toussaint, 22, got into a verbal altercation and physical fight with his cousin, James Toussaint, 22. Rodney left after the fight but returned to the 300 block of Northwest 12 Court about an hour later. James’ Toyota Corolla was seen travelling west on Northwest 12 Ct. The car came to a stop, James exited, fired at Rodney and fled the scene. BSO deputies responded to the area and found Rodney lying dead on the pavement. It appears Rodney and James were arguing about a girl.
James Toussaint faces one count of murder and is being held at the BSO Main Jail.
Anyone with information about the murder can call BSO Detective Frank Ilarraza at (954) 321-4210 or report information anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Ilarraza & Stull, Sgt. Champagne, CID Homicide; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción & Dani Moschella/PIO 12/11/13 1430
Posted At: 12/11/2013 02:32 PM
Translate This Page: