REWARD OFFERED FOR CAPTURE OF CASUAL CROOK
- BSO Case Number: PB02-01-05173
- PIO Number: 02-01-23
- Date: January 13, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 1200 NE 23rd Street, Pompano Beach
- Burdine’s at Pompano Fashion Square Mall
- Unidentified black male, medium build, 30-40 years old, clean cut, last seen driving a silver car of unknown make.
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office investigators are trying to put a name to the face of a casual crook.
Video surveillance clearly caught the man’s criminal exploits as he nonchalantly gathers item after item from the shelves of the Burdines at Pompano Fashion Square Mall,
1200 NE 23rd Street, Pompano Beach on the afternoon of Sunday, January 13, 2002.
The tape shows the unflappable felon as he roams the store for about 10-minutes, from
12:30-12:40 pm, picking up nearly $600.00 worth of clothes.
Then, with a leather jacket, a pair of man’s shoes and jeans, and a woman’s 2-piece suite in hand, the thief saunters towards the exit, opens the door, and then quickly runs away, making his getaway in a silver car of unknown make or model.
A reward of up to $1,000.00 is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the casual crook. Anyone with information about this crime should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Media note: Good quality video of this crime is available for your use at the Media Relations office, Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. D. Howell
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 1/16/02 2:00pm
Posted At: 01/16/2002 03:10 PM
- CASUAL CROOK AT WORK - Call Crime Stopper at (954) 493-TIPS
Translate This Page: