PEDESTRIAN STRUCK CROSSING DIXIE HIGHWAY
- BSO Case Number: 11-1406-004246
- PIO Number: 14-6-21
- Date: June 17, 2014
- Time: 10:51 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 928 S. Dixie Hwy., Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Carlos Yambot Rodriguez, male, 3/21/64, 928 S.W. 10 Dr., Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Charles Miller, male, 8/6/60, 10671 N.W. 43 St., Coral Springs
Description of Incident:
A pedestrian was struck by a truck as he traveled into the vehicle’s path while crossing the road Tuesday night in Pompano Beach. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the incident.
At 10:51 p.m. on June 17, Carlos Rodriguez was crossing S. Dixie Hwy. from east to west, and walked into the path of a 1993 Ford Ranger truck driven by Charles Miller. Miller was traveling southbound in the center lane. Rodriguez was struck by the front right side of Miller’s truck. The pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead on scene by Pompano Beach Fire Rescue.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide detectives Miller and Wiley at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Robert Miller and BSO Det. Michael Wiley, THI /CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 6/18/14 1300
Translate This Page: