SHOOTING SUSPECTS SOUGHT
- BSO Case Number: PB01-11-006902
- PIO Number: 01-11-29
- Date: November 16, 2001
- Place of Occurrence: 232 NW 12th Court, Pompano Beach, FL
- Samuel Mitus, 24, 4/30/77, 2511 SW 3rd Street, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Suspect 1: Black male, 5-foot-8, approximately 190-pounds, early 20’s, with gold on tip and bottom teeth, low cut hair, last seen wearing blue and gray stripped shirt and long blue jeans, armed with a small caliber semi-automatic pistol.
- Suspect 2: Black male, 5-foot-9, approximately 150-pounds, 2-4” afro hair, acne (ruddy) complexion, last seen wearing a yellow, short sleeve shirt and dark colored jeans.
Description of Incident:
Just after noon on Friday, November 16, 2001, the two suspects knocked on the door and entered a residence at 232 NW 12th Court in Pompano Beach. Once inside, suspect number one pointed a pistol at 24-year old Samuel Mitus and demanded money.
Suspect number one then shot Mitus and fled the residence, jumped into a Maroon colored, newer model, 4-door Dodge Stratus with tinted windows and fled the area.
A witness who had been in the residence with Mitus fired a shot at the vehicle as it sped away, possibly hitting the rear of the car.
Samuel Mitus is hospitalized in critical condition.
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives are searching for the suspects in this shooting and urge anyone with information about this incident to call Crime Stoppers at 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Copley/Sgt. K. Butler
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 11/16/01 11:30pm
Posted At: 11/19/2001 12:04 PM
Translate This Page: