CRUELTY TO ANIMAL
- BSO Case Number: BS02-02-02156
- PIO Number: 02-5-47
- Date: Feb. 5, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 3830 S.W. 25 Street, unincorporated West Hollywood
- Rottweiller mix puppy, male, approx. 10 months old
- Michael Washington, 51, 4/6/51, male, 3830 SW 25 St., uninc. W. Hollywood
Description of Incident:
A West Hollywood man, charged with cruelty to animals after he allowed rope to become imbedded around his puppy’s neck, is currently being held in BSO’s Broward County Jail in lieu of $8,000 bond.
An anonymous tip first brought deputies to the home of Michael Washington on February 5th. They found Washington’s 8-month-old Rottweiller puppy emaciated, worm infested and with a rope wrapped so tightly around its neck that it had become imbedded in the flesh.
BSO confiscated the dog, which was taken to an animal hospital for treatment by a veterinarian, who cut the noose off his throat and nursed him back to health. The dog has since been adopted.
After investigating the incident, BSO Cruelty Unit detectives conferred with the Broward State Attorney and Washington was charged with Cruelty to Animals. A capias (warrant) was issued for Washington’s arrest and deputies took him into custody on Monday.
Media note: photos of the dog are posted attached to this news release at www.sheriff.org
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. M. Vadnal, CI Abuse Unit Jim Leljedal / PIO 5/22/02 5:15 pm
Posted At: 05/22/2002 05:17 PM
Translate This Page: