BSO BUSTS “PIZZA PERPS”
- BSO Case Number: LL02-11-1240
- PIO Number: 02-11-20
- Date: November 14, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Papa John’s, 2900 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- Papa John’s, 2900 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- Zach Elliott-Butts, 18, 7/7/84, 5725 NW 14th St. Lauderhill, FL
- Ronny Thompson, 21, 12/4/80, 1809 NW 31st Ave., Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Ronald Mosley, 19, 7/13/83, 1124 NW 42nd Way, Lauderhill, FL
Description of Incident:
Detectives from the Broward Sheriff's Office Robbery Unit broke up a band of thieves Thursday night with the arrest of two thugs planning to hit a Lauderdale Lakes pizzeria.
Investigators had been keeping a close eye on 18-year old Zach Elliott-Butts and
21-year old Ronny Thompson since developing information that the two were planning the armed robbery.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, November 14, 2002, BSO robbery detectives were waiting as Elliott-Butts and Thompson pulled up to Papa John’s Pizza at 2900 North State Road 7 in Lauderdale Lakes. Before the crooks could get out of their car, the BSO detectives swooped in and busted the pair. Inside the suspect’s car, investigators found gloves, a ski mask, flex ties, and an air rifle that, at first look, appeared to be a shotgun.
During interviews, the suspects, admitted their plans to rob the pizzeria, confessed to the October 24th and November 7th robberies this year of two separate Ft. Lauderdale drug stores. Additionally, the suspects indicted 19-year old Ronald Mosley of Lauderhill in the September 9, 2002 armed robbery of a North Lauderdale Farm Store.
Elliott-Butts of 5725 NW 14th Street in Lauderhill and Thompson of 1809 NW 31st Avenue in Fort Lauderdale are in the Broward Sheriff's Office Main Jail. Each will likely be charged with two counts of armed robbery and one count of attempted robbery with a weapon.
Mosley, of 1124 NW 42nd Way in Lauderhill is being held in the Broward Sheriff's Office Main Jail on a warrant out of Miami-Dade County. He is also charged in connection with the September 9th armed robbery of the North Lauderdale Farm Store.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. L. Pugliese, CI/Robbery, D-4
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 11/15/02 2:30 p.m.
Translate This Page: