OPERATION GOTHAM CITY CRACKS CRIMINAL NETWORK
- BSO Case Number: BS12-12-00422
- PIO Number: 13-12-8
- Date: December 5, 2013
- Time: 8:40 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Broward and Palm Beach counties
- Jurisdiction: Broward and Palm Beach counties
- Adam Green, 52, male, 8/8/61, 2415 N.W. 32 St., Boca Raton (IN CUSTODY)
- Jordan Brown, 24, male, 3/28/89, 3807 Turtle Run Blvd., #1623, Coral Springs (IN CUSTODY)
- Emilio Colon, 32, male, 3/18/81, 3459 Merrick Lane, Margate (IN CUSTODY)
- Mark Ruggiero, 42, male, 7/7/71, 601 Pine Dr., #104, Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
- Sean Barnes, 34, male, 8/19/79, 1760 Linton Lake Dr., Delray Beach (IN CUSTODY)
- Rehan Kazi, 45, male, 8/9/68, 16295 N.W. 9 Dr., Pembroke Pines (IN CUSTODY)
- Eric Spinosa, 36, male, 6/15/77, 1100 Escondido Way, Boca Raton (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Strategic Investigation Division detectives arrested seven members of a criminal racketeering and money laundering network as part of Operation Gotham City.
BSO Organized Crime Unit investigators, along with Boca Raton and Fort Lauderdale police departments, took down a ring of men involved in a money laundering, racketeering and bookmaking scheme on Thursday, December 5. BSO’s year-long undercover investigation focused on a network of 12 men headed by Adam Green, 52, of Boca Raton. Green’s ongoing unlawful enterprise, which involved illegal betting and money laundering through various banks, was infiltrated by BSO undercover Organized Crime detectives in late 2012. The criminal organization was operating in five states and Central America.
The men are all facing various charges relating to the criminal operation and are being held on bonds for up to $600,000. The investigation is ongoing and five more arrests are anticipated within the coming days.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO SID Sgt. L. McElhaney, Boca Raton PD & Ft. Lauderdale PD
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 12/6/13 1400
Translate This Page: