“GROCERY STORE GIRLS” GET GREEDY
- BSO Case Number: PB02-06-11426, DR02-08-02710, DR02-05-00453, DR02-06-01252, DR02-08-05348, DR02-04-05300, DR02-05-03527, DR02-05-04538, DR02-06-00853
- PIO Number: 02-9-27
- Date: Numerous, beginning in April 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Numerous, primarily in the Deerfield Beach area
- Numerous individuals throughout the northern Broward area
- The “Grocery Store Girls”, two unidentified females
Description of Incident:
Attention shoppers: The Broward Sheriff's Office and Crime Stoppers are offering a $1,000.00 reward for information leading to the arrest of two women, known as the Grocery Store Girls, who have pulled off a number of distraction thefts at area markets.
Typically, one of the suspects approaches an unsuspecting shopper, usually a female, and engages in meaningless chatter about everything from the best price for a can of peas to the quality of the cantaloupes. While this is going on, the other crook takes the wallet from the victim’s purse. Then, before the victim has a chance to notice the theft,
the purse-pinching pair rack up charges on the victim’s credit cards.
A bank’s ATM security camera took some clear images of the female felons as they tried to steal cash using a victim’s checking card. A crime scene photo of the suspects is attached to this news release, posted on the Broward Sheriff’s Office website: www.sheriff.org.
The expiration date for these crooks is almost here. It’s time take them off the shelf and put them behind bars. Anyone with information on the Grocery Store Girls should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS to claim the $1,000.00 reward for anonymous information.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Hansen CI, D-10
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 9/18/02 2:30 p.m.
- The - REWARD OFFERED - CALL CRIME STOPPERS AT (954) 493-TIPS
Translate This Page: