- BSO Case Number: WS02-1-890
- PIO Number: 02-1-17
- Date: January 12, 2002
- Time: 0355
- Place of Occurrence: 16523 Sapphire Street, Weston
- Christopher Bailey, 31, 8/11/70, male, 16523 Sapphire Street, Weston
- Three unidentified males
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are seeking the public’s help in locating a Weston man who was abducted from his home early Saturday morning.
Just before 4 a.m., Simone Stewart went outside the residence she shares with her brother, Christopher Bailey, located at 16523 Sapphire Street in a subdivision of Emerald Estates. As she approached the front door of her residence after moving her vehicle, she was apprehended by three armed masked men and forced inside the house.
Once inside, the unidentified suspects roused the other victims and ransacked the residence. The two young children, home at the time, were not injured. The suspects tied up the other three victims, one of who is Bailey’s girlfriend. The masked men removed 31-year-old Bailey, a paraplegic, from the home then fled the gated community in an unknown vehicle.
Detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the home invasion and abduction. Anyone with information on this case is urged to call the Broward Sheriff’s Office at (954) 765-4321.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Carr, Homicide and Sgt. B. Wesolowski, Robbery
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Photo of Victim - Christopher Bailey
Translate This Page: