MAN FATALLY SHOT DURING DOMINOES GAME
- BSO Case Number: 90-1403-002540
- PIO Number: 14-3-25
- Date: March 19, 2014
- Time: 10:53 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 560 N.W. 29 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: central Broward County
- Roderick Simmons, male, 30, 10/17/83, 560 N.W. 29 Terr., Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- unidentified males
Description of Incident:
As Roderick Simmons played dominoes with friends Wednesday night in front of his house, a dark-colored vehicle pulled up, and the occupants got out with guns. They opened fire on the group, fatally wounding Simmons and injuring another man.
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating the shootings. Detectives say it was just before 11 p.m. when two or three armed men got out of the car and started firing shots almost immediately at the group of men playing dominoes in Simmons’ driveway. The gunmen’s motive is unclear at this point.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported both victims to Broward Health Medical Center. Simmons was pronounced dead a short time later. Bonnie Lockhart, 30, was treated for non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Detective Frank Ilarraza at (954) 321-4210 or anonymously report tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Ilarraza, Sgt. Champagne, CID; District 5; SBFR
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 3/20/14 1715
Translate This Page: