ROOSEVELT GARDENS MURDER Suspect Sought
- BSO Case Number: BS02-4-7704 (UPDATED)
- PIO Number: 02-4-44
- Date: April 17, 2002
- Time: 1412
- Place of Occurrence: 2401 NW 15 Street, Unincorporated Fort Lauderdale
- Kontessa Marsha Thomas, 19, 3/15/83, female, 2401 NW 15 Street, uninc. Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Archie Lee Hamilton II, 22, 1/20/80, male, 4310 NW 25 Place, Lauderhill (AT LARGE)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives have obtained an arrest warrant for the person responsible for the shooting death of 19-year-old Kontessa Thomas, whose body was discovered in her Central Broward home last Wednesday.
Twenty-two year old Archie Lee Hamilton II, the victim’s boyfriend, is wanted for first-degree murder. BSO homicide detectives said Hamilton shot Thomas several times. The couple had been involved in an ongoing dispute for some time.
BSO deputies discovered Thomas’s body shortly after 2 p.m. inside her home in the Roosevelt Gardens community. The deputies were dispatched to the house, located at 2401 NW 15 Street, following an anonymous 911 call. The caller advised hearing gunshots in the area.
The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that Thomas was shot and ruled her death a homicide. BSO homicide detectives continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding this case. Anyone who knows Hamilton’s whereabouts is urged to call BSO homicide detectives Tim Duggan or Eli Thomasevich at (954) 321-4210 or call Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. B. O’Neil, & Dets. T. Duggan & E. Thomasevich
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Posted At: 04/23/2002 10:19 AM
- Photo of Suspect - Archie Lee Hamilton II
Translate This Page: