HOMELESS MAN KILLED IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT
- BSO Case Number: 90-1402-003755
- PIO Number: 14-2-29
- Date: February 27, 2014
- Time: 8:34 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2500 N.W. 6 St., Unincorporated Broward
- Jurisdiction: Central Broward
- Driver: Anthony Boone, 32, male, Fort Lauderdale
- Passenger 1: Brandi Bolden, 35, female
- Passenger 2: Aria Boone, 1, female
- Ronny Hawkins, 55, male, 1/2/59, last known address Miami (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A pedestrian was fatally struck Thursday night in unincorporated Broward by an SUV driven by a man with a revoked license. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the incident.
At 8:34 p.m. on Feb. 27, Anthony Boone was driving a 2010 Nissan Armada eastbound on N.W. 6 St. with two passengers, when his car hit Ronny Hawkins. Hawkins, who was walking in the left lane, received life-threatening injuries. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Hawkins to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 11:13 p.m. None of the other parties involved were injured as a result of the crash.
Boone has a revoked drivers license and had been declared a habitual traffic offender. Charges may be pending as a result of the investigation.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Carlos DeJesus at 954-321-4840 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO THI Det. Carlos DeJesus
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter PIO 2/28/14 1630
Posted At: 02/28/2014 04:03 PM
Translate This Page: