MAN SHOT BEHIND LIQUOR STORE
- BSO Case Number: 90-1313-2504
- PIO Number: 13-3-32
- Date: 3/30/13
- Time: 9:11 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Behind Troy’s Lounge, 2990 W. Sunrise Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Unincorporated Broward County near Ft. Lauderdale
- Gene Warren, 39, male, 11/2/73, 11537 NW 44th Street, Coral Springs (DECEASED)
- Unidentified suspects
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating a homicide after shots rang out Saturday night behind a liquor store near Ft. Lauderdale.
BSO Communications received the emergency calls around 9:10 p.m. Detectives say the victim, Gene Warren, 39, had just made a purchase at Troy’s Lounge at 2990 W. Sunrise Blvd. He left the business and returned to his car, which was parked at the rear of the store. Moments later, a black Chrysler 200 pulled up, and a man exited the backseat and began shooting at Warren. The suspect got back into the waiting vehicle and fled the scene.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue transported Warren to Broward Health Medical Center where he succumbed to his wounds.
Anyone with information about this homicide or the suspect’s vehicle should contact BSO Detective Louie Rivera at 954-321-4210. Anonymous tips can be submitted to Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Rivera & Torres, CID-Homicide; Dist. 5, Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 3/31/13 1730
Posted At: 03/31/2013 06:00 PM
Translate This Page: