MAN STABS ROOMMATE TO DEATH
- BSO Case Number: 11-1408-007887
- PIO Number: 14-8-25
- Date: Aug. 30, 2014
- Time: 9:19 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3208 Marine Dr., Apt. 3, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Rahmil Alexander, 39, male, 3208 Marine Dr.Apt. 3, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- Samuel Dulavoix, 22, male, 2/27/92, 3208 Marine Dr., Apt. 3, Pompano Beach (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A Pompano Beach man is in custody and facing a charge of second degree murder after stabbing his roommate to death late Saturday night.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responding to a disturbance at 3208 Marine Drive were greeted at apartment three by a man covered in blood. Through the open door, deputies could see a pile of bloody blankets on top of a shape that was consistent with a human body.
Pompano Beach Fire Rescue transported Samuel Dulavoix, 22, to Broward Health Imperial Point, where he was treated for superficial cuts to his hands and was then released.
The Broward County Medical Examiner ruled the case a homicide at the scene and said the victim, Rahmil Alexander, 39, died of multiple stab wounds.
According to BSO homicide investigators, Dulavoix said he and Alexander, who had been living together for about a year, were arguing over money. During the confrontation, Dulavoix stabbed Alexander more than 25 times and later made efforts to clean up the scene and conceal the body.
Dulavoix has been booked into the BSO Main Jail facing a charged of second degree murder.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Ilarraza & Hayes, CID Homicide; Pompano Beach; PBFR; BSO Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 8/31/14 1245
Translate This Page: