- BSO Case Number: PB02-12-7786
- PIO Number: 02-12-35
- Date: December 19, 2002
- Time: 0507
- Place of Occurrence: 1208 North Ocean Boulevard, Pompano Beach
- Nathan Swarb, 22, 2/16/80, male, 1609 South Franklin Avenue, Monahans, Texas (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A young man, celebrating his recent graduation from a college in Texas, died Thursday morning after falling from the balcony of a hotel in Pompano Beach.
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives, who do not suspect foul play, are investigating the death that occurred at the Quality Inn, located at 1208 North Ocean Boulevard.
BSO investigators said Nathan Swarb and his friends returned to the hotel at approximately 4:45 Thursday morning. The men were registered in two separate rooms on the eighth floor, but at the time only had a key to get into one of the rooms. Swarb went out on the balcony of his hotel room and tried to climb from balcony to balcony in order to gain access to the second room.
After falling eight floors, Swarb was transported to North Broward Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 5:48 a.m.
BSO homicide detectives will continue to investigate this case, but at this point it appears to be accidental.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. E. Hendel, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: