BSO ENDS SEARCH FOR MISSING MAN
- BSO Case Number: BS02-06-6318
- PIO Number: 02-8-56
- Date: June 14, 2002 (reported missing)
- Place of Occurrence: 2500 block of East Sunrise Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale
- Joseph Francis Frosch, 60, 10/28/41, 9142 SW 23rd St., Ft. Lauderdale
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office has closed the case of a Central Broward man, who was reported missing more than two months ago, after he turned up unharmed in Las Vegas.
Police in Las Vegas located Joseph Francis Frosch about 11 p.m. (PST) Tuesday night and notified BSO following a routine traffic stop.
Frosch had been missing since Friday, June 14, 2002. According to BSO detectives, he left his home, in the 9100 block of SW 23rd Street in unincorporated Central Broward near Fort Lauderdale, at about 9:00 a.m. to run some errands.
The day Frosch disappeared; he went to an attorney’s office to take care of some business and then phoned his wife to say he was heading to a health food store at 2501 East Sunrise Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. Sometime around 1:30 p.m., Frosch went to a nearby bank where he made a transaction.
Although foul play was never suspected, BSO deputies and detectives spent countless hours searching for Frosch and interviewing his family and friends.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. D. Lashbrook
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/ PIO
Posted At: 08/28/2002 02:20 PM
Translate This Page: