MURDER ON 441
- BSO Case Number: LL02-9-868
- PIO Number: 02-9-13
- Date: September 9, 2002
- Time: 2056
- Place of Occurrence: 3400 block of State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Dameian “Troy” Dillion, 20, 5/1/82, male, 4967 NW 39 Street, Lauderdale Lakes (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding a deadly drive-by shooting that occurred in Lauderdale Lakes Monday night.
At approximately 9 p.m., the victim, Dameian “Troy” Dillion, and a passenger were traveling north on 441 (a.k.a. State Road 7) when they noticed a vehicle approaching from behind with flashing headlights. Homicide detectives said as Dillion pulled into the right turning lane in front of the 7-Eleven, located in the 3400 block of State Road 7, the suspects’ vehicle stopped in the center northbound lane of 441. That’s when the fatal shot was fired into the Dillion’s car. The suspects, possibly two black males, drove off in a 1995 Toyota Camry.
The passenger, whose name is being withheld for investigative reasons, took control of the 1995 Gold colored Mazda 626 and drove north to the parking lot entrance of the Stop and Shop, located at 3991 NW 41 Street.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Murray and Dets. J. Berrena, F. Ilarraza & R. Libman, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Translate This Page: