WOMAN STRUCK AND KILLED BY BUS AT AIRPORT
ARRIVAL TRAFFIC REROUTED FOR FOUR HOURS
- BSO Case Number: 03-1305-01519
- PIO Number: 13-5-16
- Date: May 18, 2013
- Time: 2:18 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 300 Terminal Dr., lower level, Ft. Lauderdale
- Jurisdiction: Airport District
- Cheryl A. Bazilus, 68, female, 07/02/44 Ft. Pierce (DECEASED)
- Woodrow Minor, 61, male, 09/25/51, Miami
Description of Incident:
A Treasure Coast woman was struck and killed by a charter bus at Ft Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Saturday afternoon.
Just before 2:18 p.m. Saturday, Cheryl A. Bazilius, 68, of Ft. Pierce, had exited a parked Ford SUV in the right traffic lane to meet her husband who just arrived on a flight. As Bazilius was attempting to return to the parked vehicle at the lower level of Terminal 3, she apparently fell and was struck by the passing bus in the center traffic lane. The victim was pronounced dead by Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue. The private charter bus was driven by Woodrow Minor, 61, of Miami, who was transporting about a dozen passengers to Miami for a cruise. No one on the bus was injured.
The arrival lanes at FLL were closed to traffic until 6:30 p.m. as BSO deputies diverted all vehicles to the upper deck departure ramp while the on-scene crash investigation was conducted.
No charges have been filed and the crash remains under investigation by the BSO Traffic Homicide Unit.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-3, THI, BSFR, Lt. Akers, THI Dets. Kelliher, Miller, Morales
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 05/18/13 2200
Posted At: 05/18/2013 10:01 PM
Translate This Page: