HOLIDAY TRAVEL PERIOD MARRED BY FATAL CRASH
DRIVER KILLED, PASSENGER INJURED IN LAUDERDALE LAKES
- BSO Case Number: LL13-07-00428
- PIO Number: 13-7-7
- Date: July 6, 2013
- Time: 6:43 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 3800 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Emmanuel Vedrine, 45, male, 07/25/67, Ft. Lauderdale (DECEASED)
- Marjorie Pierre, 30, female, 10/09/82, Sunrise
Description of Incident:
A Ft. Lauderdale man was killed after the car he was driving struck a concrete pole early this morning in Lauderdale Lakes.
Just after 6:30 a.m., a 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Emmanuel Vedrine, 45, was westbound on Oakland Park Boulevard, just east of State Road 7, when Vedrine lost control, spun around and struck a concrete light pole. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded and pronounced the driver dead on the scene. A female passenger, identified as Marjorie Pierre, 30, was transported by BSFR to Broward Health Medical Center where she was treated and released for injuries sustained in the crash.
BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives are investigating the cause of the early morning crash.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-4, THI, BSFR, Lt. Akers
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 07/06/13 1700
Posted At: 07/06/2013 04:44 PM
Translate This Page: