BSO DETECTIVES SEEK SUSPECTS IN UNRELATED ATM ROBBERY AND BRAZEN BANK HEIST
- BSO Case Number: OP02-12-14812 NL02-12-01821
- PIO Number: 02-12-46
- Date: Friday, December 27, 2002
- Time: 0720; 0945
- Place of Occurrence: 1) Bank of America, 150 East Prospect RD, Oakland Park 2) Security Bank, 1450 South SR 7, North Lauderdale
- 1) Connie Hollingsworth, 49, 5/26/53, 633 NW 43rd Street, Oakland Park
- 2) Security Bank, 1450 South SR 7, North Lauderdale
- 1) unidentified black male
- 2) two unidentified black males
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office robbery detectives are investigating two separate robberies that occurred this morning at two different Broward County bank branches.
The first occurred shortly after 7:00 a.m., on Friday, December 27th outside the Bank of America branch, located at 150 East Prospect Rd in Oakland Park. The victim, Connie Hollingsworth, 49, had just withdrawn a small amount of cash from an ATM machine when an armed unidentified black male approached her from behind and demanded the money. Hollingsworth immediately complied and the suspect fled on foot. Fortunately, no shots were fired and no injuries were reported. A perimeter was set up and the area was searched by ground and air for about two hours, but no suspect was found. The suspect was dressed in all black: black t-shirt, black shorts, black shoes. He's about six feet two inches tall and in his late 20's or early 30's.
Several hours later, in the city of North Lauderdale, two unidentified black males pulled off a brazen bank heist at the Security Bank branch at 1450 South SR 7. Shortly after 9:45 a.m., the suspects, armed with several chrome handguns, entered the bank and ordered everyone to the ground. Approximately 20 people were inside at the time. As one suspect, armed with a pistol in each hand, held patrons and employees at gunpoint, the other jumped the counter and cleaned out several teller drawers. The quick heist was over in no time, and the suspects fled in an older model white or gray Toyota Camry.
The bank robbers were wearing baseball caps and bandanas over their faces.
Detectives are interviewing several witnesses and the investigation continues.
Anyone with information is asked to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Ulvang/ CI Robbery; Det. A. Rubin/ CI Robbery; Federal Bureau of Investigation
- THIS REPORT BY: Liz Calzadilla/ PIO 12/27/02 12:30 p.m.
Posted At: 12/27/2002 12:00 AM
Translate This Page: