RUN-IN WITH AX-WIELDING BURGLARS
- BSO Case Number: 07-1312-004770
- PIO Number: 14-1-5
- Date: December 30, 2013
- Time: 6:30 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Dr. Philgoods Bar, 3770 N.E. 3 Ave., Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Raimundo Pena, 56, male, Pompano Beach
- Carl Robert Johnson, 64, male, Deerfield Beach
- two unidentified males (surveillance video available)
Description of Incident:
Raimundo Pena arrived at work on the morning of December 30 and narrowly escaped a run-in with two burglars and their ax. Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are searching for the two-man burglary team.
Just before 6:30 a.m. on Monday, December 30, two men backed a white, older-model, Ford Explorer into the parking lot of Dr. Philgoods in Deerfield Beach. The burglars used an ax to smash the front door. Once inside, the thieves grabbed a 50” flat screen television and the cash register. As they loaded their loot into the waiting SUV, they saw Pena arriving for work and fled.
Surveillance cameras captured the incident. Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Barbi Dyer at 954-480-4300 or report anonymous tips to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or to www.browardcrimestoppers.org online. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A clear video with audio is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Barbi Dyer, D10/Robbery
THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 1/9/2014 1330
Posted At: 01/09/2014 01:30 PM
Translate This Page: