BSO INVESTIGATES MURDER-SUICIDE IN DANIA BEACH
- BSO Case Number: DN12-09-658
- PIO Number: 12-9-14
- Date: September 9, 2012
- Time: 6:30 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 5301 SW 29 Way, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Louise Attardi-Cramer, 50, female, 12/14/61, 5301 SW 29 Way, Dania Beach
- Michael Kanuf, 49, male, 9/27/62, 5301 SW 29 Way, Dania Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating a murder-suicide in Dania Beach Saturday morning.
BSO Dispatch received a call around 6:30 a.m. to perform a welfare check on a woman who lives at 5301 SW 29 Way. When detectives arrived at the location, they found Louise Attardi-Cramer, 50, dead inside her bedroom as a result of blunt force trauma. Her boyfriend and father of her teenage son, Michael Kanuf, 49, left a note outside a relative’s home admitting to the crime and stating that he was going to commit suicide.
BSO detectives searched for him for hours, visiting the homes of friends and family. Shortly after 10:30 a.m., a couple taking a morning stroll through a secluded area of Greenbelt Park in Dania Beach dialed 911 to report they found a man hanging from a tree. The male was confirmed to be Kanuf.
The investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Berrena, Sgt. Ellwood, CID Homicide; Dania Beach; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepcion/PIO 9/9/12 1430
Posted At: 09/09/2012 02:30 PM
Translate This Page: