BARROOM SHOOTING LEAVES ONE DEAD
- BSO Case Number: BS02-09-13497
- PIO Number: 02-9-40
- Date: September 29, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Time Out Sports Lounge, 2701 S. State Rd. 7, uninc. Broward
- 1. Shaggion Milligen, 23, 7/13/79, 4301 NW 51st Ave., Ft. Lauderdale (deceased)
- 2. Taliba Hoffman, 30, 10/13/71, 6780 McKinnley St. Hollywood
- 3. Denise C. McKenzie, 31, 520 NW 193rd St., Miami
- None identified at this time
Description of Incident:
One man is dead and two women injured after an early morning barroom altercation led to gunfire in unincorporated Broward County.
The shooting took place inside the Time Out Sports Lounge, 2701 South State Road 7 just after 5:00 a.m. on September 29, 2002.
According to Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide detectives, 23-year old Shaggion Milligen was fatally shot after becoming involved in the altercation. Milligen, of 4301 NW 51st Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale, died at the scene.
Two women were also shot. Taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood were 30-year old Taliba Hoffman of 6780 McKinnley Street in Hollywood and 31-year old Denise C. McKenzie of 520 NW 193rd Street in Miami. Both women were shot in the leg and their injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
The Broward Sheriff's Office is asking anyone with information on this shooting to anonymously call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. J. Murray, Dets. R. Carmody & T. Duggan
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 9/29/02 11:00 a.m.
Posted At: 09/29/2002 10:22 AM
- Shaggion Milligen (deceased) - Shaggion Milligen (deceased)
Translate This Page: