GAS STATION ROBBED TWICE IN TWO WEEKS
- BSO Case Number: DN02-07-00357 & DN02-07-01810
- PIO Number: 02-7-19
- Date: July 3, 2002 & July 16, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 345 N. Federal Highway, Dania Beach, FL
- Chevron Gas Station, 345 N. Federal Highway, Dania Beach, FL
- Two masked robbers, July 3 2002, & knife wielding, white male, July 16, 2002
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office robbery detectives are looking for three men involved in two separate robberies of a single Dania Beach gas station over the course of two weeks.
The first armed hold up of the Chevron at 345 N. Federal Highway happened shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 3, 2002. A surveillance tape from that evening shows two men dressed in black and wearing ski masks enter the business. One of the robbers points a gun at the clerk as both suspects approach the counter. Wisely, the clerk backs away as the thieves take an undisclosed amount of cash from the register and make their getaway in what witnesses describe as a 1996 or 1997 green Chevrolet Monte Carlo. A white female drove the getaway vehicle.
Just before 1:30 a.m. on Tuesday, July 16, 2002, the Chevron was robbed again. This time, a white male armed with a large knife threatened the clerk and demanded money. The clerk pulled out two knives of his own and told the robber to leave. Undaunted by the clerk, the assailant used a chair to fend off the clerk while helping himself to money from the cash register. This robbery, also, was caught on surveillance video.
Fortunately, no one was injured in either robbery.
A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for information on these cases. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Donadio CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 7/16/02 2:00 p.m.
Translate This Page: