ROBBER PULLS A GOLD BUM-RUSH
- BSO Case Number: 04-1311-001409
- PIO Number: 13-12-12
- Date: November 18, 2013
- Time: 1:31 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Value Pawn and Jewelry, 2950 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Value Pawn and Jewelry, 2950 N. State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are searching for a robber who attacked a store clerk in a dash-and-grab robbery and got away with a handful of expensive jewelry.
At approximately 1:30 p.m., on November 18, a man came into the Value Pawn and Jewelry store in Lauderdale Lakes and insisted on seeing the most expensive necklaces in the store. While looking at the necklaces, the suspect selected one and asked to hold the item. The suspect forcefully grabbed the necklace from the clerk’s hand; the two men struggled and the suspect pushed the clerk to the ground. When the clerk fell, the suspect reached into the open display case and grabbed several more necklaces.
The robber fled the store in the northwest direction toward 3970 W. Oakland Park Blvd. He got away with seven gold necklaces worth almost $10,000. The suspect has a slim build and was last seen wearing a sleeveless red shirt and long dark pants.
Anyone with information can call Robbery Det. Scott Nida at (954) 321-4249 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477) or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
***MEDIA NOTE: A clear video is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Scott Nida, Robbery Unit/CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 12/10/13 1215
- 13-12-12 Gold Bum-Rush - ROBBER PULLS A GOLD BUM-RUSH
Translate This Page: