DETECTIVES INVESTIGATE TODDLER’S DEATH
- BSO Case Number: 14-1205-000839
- PIO Number: 14-5-9
- Date: May 8, 2014
- Time: 1:27 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2750 N.W. 44 St., #103, Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Amari Francis, 2, male, 11/25/11, 2750 N.W. 44 St., #103, Oakland Park (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are investigating what led to the death of a toddler Thursday morning in Oakland Park.
The mother of the unresponsive two-year-old boy transported him to the emergency room at Florida Medical Center. Just before 1:30 a.m., BSO Communications received a call from the hospital advising the child had died.
The body of Amari Francis was transported to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy.
There were no obvious signs of trauma and the medical examiner will await the results of toxicology tests to determine the cause of death.
The investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. Libman, CID Homicide; Crime Scene
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 5/8/2014 1530
Translate This Page: