LAST OF VICIOUS ROBBERY TRIO NABBED
- BSO Case Number: TM01-06-3278
- PIO Number: 01-11-15
- Date: June 24, 2001& November 7, 2001
- Time: 7:35pm and 2:00pm
- Place of Occurrence: 5672 Rock Island Road, Tamarac and Grand Forks, ND
- Jason Thomas, 24, 7/18/77, 5672 Rock Island Road, Tamarac and others
- Donald Gorman, 23, 4/29/78, 11263 NW 39th St., Coral Springs, Timothy Hartman, 25, 10/2/76, and Christine Brennan, 20, 5/21/81, both of 4200 Inverrary Blvd., Lauderhill
Description of Incident:
A Broward Sheriff's Office detective traveled to North Dakota to round-up the last of a dangerous trio involved in a bloody Tamarac home invasion and robbery last June.
On the evening of June 24, 2001, Donald Gorman and Timothy Hartman, wearing police raid shirts, hoods, gloves, armed with a 10-inch butcher knife, a B-B pistol, and carrying flex cuffs and duct tape, forced their way into the apartment of Jason Thomas at 5672 Rock Island Road in Tamarac.
Gorman and Hartman immediately attacked Thomas, his female apartment mate, and two visitors, Jimmy Stone and Jeffery Manta.
As the two fake officers tried to restrain Thomas and the others, the victims realized police don’t carry butcher knives and began to struggle. During the struggle, Gorman stabbed Thomas in the stomach before Stone was able to overpower and flex-cuff Gorman, who is now incarcerated in Broward County.
Upon seeing their plan go awry, Hartman abandoned Gorman, fled the apartment, and jumped into a getaway car driven by Christine Brennan. The pair eventually made their way to Grand Forks, North Dakota.
In October 2001, a North Dakota officer pulled over Hartman and Brennan, discovered they were wanted on warrants in Broward County, and, following a brief chase, apprehended the pair.
About 2:00 pm, November 7, 2001, BSO Robbery Squad Detective J. Donadio brought Brennan back to Broward County where she now faces charges of attempted murder, robbery with a weapon, and burglary with assault.
As of this release, Hartman was still fighting extradition to Broward County and facing charges in North Dakota.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Donadio/ CI Robbery Squad
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 11/0901 4:00pm
Translate This Page: