FINGERPRINT LEADS TO BUSY BURGLARS
- BSO Case Number: DR02-05-1332
- PIO Number: 02-8-18
- Date: May 6 or May 7, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 160 Southwest 12th Avenue, Suite 101C, Deerfield Beach, FL
- Edlund & Dritenbas Architects and many others
- 1. Roberto Felip Simon, 54, 11/20/47, 20355 NW 44th Ave., Miami, FL
- 2. Orlando Mora, 43, 2/2/59, 4760 NW 186th St., Miami, FL
- 3. Gisela Fuentes-Mora, 40, 8/15/61, 4760 NW 186th St., Miami, FL
Description of Incident:
A single fingerprint, left behind by a burglar, has helped detectives from the Broward Sheriff's Office and Miami-Dade Police nab a theft ring from Miami who may be behind several dozen business break-ins, maybe more.
Sometime between May 6 and May 7, 2002, Edlund & Dritenbas Architects in Deerfield Beach was burglarized. Thieves made off with more than $6,000.00 worth of equipment from the firm at 160 SW 12th Avenue. What they left behind was a fingerprint that led a BSO Deerfield Beach detective to 54-year old Roberto Felip Simon, a man with a far-reaching criminal history.
On Tuesday, August 6, 2002, armed with an arrest warrant for Simon, the BSO detective along with Miami-Dade Police went to the home of Simon’s niece, 40-year old Gisela Fuentes-Mora. When investigators arrived at the home at 4760 NW 186th Street in Miami, they saw Simon and Gisela’s husband, 43-year old Orlando Mora, unloading stolen merchandise from a car. The crooks tried to run, but didn’t get far before being collared by officers.
Inside the yellow home with white trim was a treasure trove of stolen office equipment; everything from lap tops to cameras and cell phones to fax machines. The loot could be valued at tens of thousands of dollars.
BSO detectives say Simon and Mora have hit businesses from Palm Beach County south to
Miami-Dade and have been partners in crime for at least the past eighteen months, pulling off jobs almost daily.
Miami-Dade authorities are holding the crooked trio on theft charges while the Broward Sheriff's Office continues investigating cases thought linked to Simon and Mora.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. J. Hansen CI, D-10
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/9/02 10:00 a.m.
- Gates Protecting Mora's Home - Gates Protecting Mora's Home
- Mora's Home - Mora's Home
- Gisela Fuentes-Mora - Gisela Fuentes-Mora
- Dogs Guarding Mora's Home - Dogs Guarding Mora's Home
- Roberto Felip Simon - Roberto Felip Simon
- Copier on Mora's Couch - Copier on Mora's Couch
- Orlando Mora - Orlando Mora
- Some of the Stolen Property - Some of the Stolen Property
- More Stolen Property - More Stolen Property
Translate This Page: