WAREHOUSE WORKER DISCOVERS FLOATING BODY
- BSO Case Number: DR12-03-02065
- PIO Number: 12-3-19
- Date: March 13, 2012
- Time: 12:45 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Near SW 12 Avenue and SW 10 Street, Deerfield Beach
- Jurisdiction: Deerfield Beach
- Adult male, name withheld pending NOK (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Deerfield Beach warehouse employee spotted a body floating in a canal near Interstate 95 Tuesday afternoon.
At 12:45 p.m., a Publix warehouse employee made the gruesome discovery of a body floating in the canal underneath the elevated SW 10 Street exit from southbound I-95. A BSO deputy was in the area and arrived on scene one minute later. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue units were also dispatched.
BSO homicide detectives, divers and crime scene investigators were called out as well. The BSO divers recovered the body of an adult male and turned it over to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office, who will conduct an autopsy. At this time, foul play is not suspected.
- INVESTIGATORS: D-10, CID, Homicide, Sgt. Feeley, Det. V. Perez
- THIS REPORT BY: Mike Jachles/PIO 03/13/12 1745