WESTON GIRL VERY CRITICAL AFTER BEING HIT BY CAR
- BSO Case Number: WS01-12-294
- PIO Number: 01-12-06
- Date: December 4, 2001
- Place of Occurrence: Willow Ridge and Cypress Ridge Drive, Weston
- Allison Lazear, 6, 8/30/95, 4095 Palmetto Trail, Weston
- Jisook Jung, 29, 5/8/72, 4426 Mahogany Ridge, Weston
Description of Incident:
A 6-year old Weston girl is in very critical condition today after being hit by a car Tuesday afternoon as she was on her way home from school.
At about 2:30 pm, Tuesday, December 4, 2001, Allison Lazear was on the corner of Willow Ridge and Cypress Ridge Drive in Weston with her 11-year old brother and another child. Allison stepped off the corner and was struck by a 1996 Toyota Avalon traveling northbound on Willow Ridge at approximately 20-mph.
After Allison was struck, the driver of the Toyota, 29-year old Jisook Jung stopped and waited until Broward Sheriff’s Deputies and rescue personnel arrived on the scene within the gated community.
Allison was transported to Broward General Medical Center with numerous and severe injuries. As of Wednesday morning, the little girl was in critical condition.
The investigation continues in this case, and no charges are pending against Ms. Jung.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Akers & Miller
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf/PIO 12/05/01 11:30am
Posted At: 12/05/2001 11:46 AM
Translate This Page: