MISSING DANIA MAN FOUND FLOATING IN CANAL
- BSO Case Number: DN02-08-2584
- PIO Number: 02-8-50
- Date: August 24, 2002
- Time: 1016
- Place of Occurrence: 300 block of SE 5 Avenue, Dania Beach
- Donald Crumrine, 66, 10/19/35, male, 357 SE 6 Street, Dania Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
A Dania Beach man, who was reported missing last weekend, was found floating in a canal Saturday morning.
The body of 66-year-old Donald Crumrine, who suffered from Alzheimer’s disease, was discovered shortly after 10 a.m. A jogger, out in the area of the 300 block of SE 5 Avenue, smelled a very foul order and notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office. Patrol units responded and canvassed the area, spotting the body floating in the canal.
BSO homicide detectives do not suspect foul play. The Broward Medical Examiner’s Office will perform an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death. Due to his badly decomposed body, detectives believe Crumrine – still wearing the clothes he was last seen in - may have been in the canal since he wandered away from home. Crumrine left the assisted living facility at 357 SE 6 Street on Sunday, August 18th.
- INVESTIGATORS: Homicide Det. D. Nicholson, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
- Photo - Donald Crumrine
Translate This Page: