BODY PARTS IDENTIFIED
- BSO Case Number: BS01-12-12252 (UPDATE)
- PIO Number: 01-12-47
- Date: Dec. 28, 2001
- Time: 1326
- Place of Occurrence: New River, 2500 block of NW 6 St., uninc. Ft. Lauderdale
- Marita White, 22, 4/20/79, 1720 NE 2 Terr., Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office Homicide Unit has positively identified the young woman whose body parts were found Friday in the New River near Fort Lauderdale.
The victim was 22-year-old Marita White of Pompano Beach. White was released from state prison on June 16, 2001 after serving nearly two years on a Delivery of Cocaine conviction stemming from a 1997 arrest.
The cause of White’s death remains undetermined. On Saturday, the Broward Medical Examiner examined her head and arms. Further remains have not yet been recovered. It is believed that White was killed and dismembered Thursday night or Friday morning.
BSO Homicide detectives are asking for help in determining White’s most recent whereabouts and identifying her associates. Anyone with any information is urged to call the Broward Sheriff's Office at (954) 765-4321. Information can be relayed anonymously through CrimeStoppers at (954) 493-TIPS and a reward is available.
Media note: a photo is attached to this release, posted on the BSO website at www.sheriff.org
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. R. Libman, Sgt. R. O’Neil, Homicide Jim Leljedal / PIO 12/29/01 5:00 pm
Posted At: 12/29/2001 04:55 PM
- Marita White - Marita White
Translate This Page: