BSO SEEKS SPORTS CAR DRIVER
- BSO Case Number: PB02-09-9979
- PIO Number: 02-9-36
- Date: September 25, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 1200 block of South Federal Highway, Pompano Beach
- Billy Lacy Buck, 55, 3/14/47, 2401 SE 7th Drive, Pompano Beach (deceased)
- Unidentified male, olive skinned, appx. 20-30 years old, last seen driving a blue Porsche 944 convertible with possible damage to the right front and/or left rear
Description of Incident:
The Broward Sheriff's Office is trying to find the driver of a car that was possibly involved in a fatal hit and run accident in Pompano Beach this afternoon.
According to BSO investigators, at about 2:30 p.m. on September 25, 2002, the driver of a blue Porsche 944 convertible was stopped at the light in the northbound lanes of South Federal Highway at the intersection with McNab Road. Next to the Porsche was a Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by 55 year old Billy Buck of 2401 SE 7th Drive in Pompano Beach.
When the light turned green, both vehicles took off. For some reason, it appears the Porsche made contact with the Harley, sending Mr. Buck crashing to the pavement and sliding more than one hundred feet. The driver of the Porsche pulled over a short distance away from the crash scene, inspected his vehicle, and then fled northbound on Federal Highway.
Mr. Buck, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to North Broward Medical Center where he died a short time later.
The Broward Sheriff's Office wants to question the driver of the Porsche. He is described as olive-skinned, between 20 and 30 years old. The car he was driving is described as a blue Porsche 944 convertible that may have received damage to its right rear and/or left front.
Anyone with information on this fatal crash can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at
(954) 493-TIPS. A reward of up to $1,000.00 may be available for information on this case.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dep. A. Adkins, D-11 / THI
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 9/25/02 6:00 p.m.
Translate This Page: