SUSPECT CAPTURED IN ASSAULT ON CHILD
- BSO Case Number: LL02-08-2014
- PIO Number: 02-8-46
- Date: August 22, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: Normandy Square Apartments, 4400 NW 36th St., Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- Eighteen-month old girl (name and address withheld)
- Seventeen-year-old male (name withheld pending charges)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office detectives have detained a suspect in the apparent rape of an 18-month old girl.
At about 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 22, 2002, a call came in from the Normandy Square Apartments at 4400 NW 36th Street in Lauderdale Lakes that a child had been assaulted.
Deputies and detectives arrived moments later and began questioning witnesses and canvassing the area. A 17-year old male was identified as a suspect. The suspect was taken into custody at the apartment complex about three-and-a-half hours later. The identity of the suspect is being withheld pending the filing of charges.
The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment and evaluation.
Counseling is being made available to the victim and the victim’s family.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. D. Scarbrough
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf / PIO 8/22/02 5:00 p.m.
Translate This Page: