PEDESTRIAN HIT AND KILLED IN TAMARAC
- BSO Case Number: BS12-10-02529
- PIO Number: 12-10-29
- Date: October 23, 2012
- Time: 9:35 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2900 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac
- Jurisdiction: Tamarac
- Joseph H. Dinardi, male, 32, 6/11/80, P.O. Box 343, Stratham, N.H. (DECEASED)
- Samuel S. Marcellus, male, 19, 9/14/93, 4033 N.W. 62nd Ct., Coconut Creek
Description of Incident:
A man was killed Tuesday night when he stepped off a sidewalk into the path of an oncoming car on West Commercial Boulevard.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators are investigating to determine what led to the death of Joseph Dinardi, 32, of Stratham, New Hampshire. Around 9:35 p.m., 19-year-old Samuel Marcellus of Coconut Creek was driving eastbound in the right lane of West Commercial Boulevard in a 2013 Toyota Corolla. He told investigators that Dinardi stepped into the road into the path of the Corolla. Dinardi was not in a crosswalk.
Marcellus couldn’t avoid hitting Dinardi, who was pronounced dead by Tamarac Fire Rescue at 9:40 p.m.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Miller, DeJesus, THI; Tamarac Fire Rescue
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 10/25/12 1430
Posted At: 10/25/2012 02:36 PM
Translate This Page: