COHORTS CHARGED IN GUN SUSPECT’S DEATH
- BSO Case Number: PB12-01-2671(update)
- PIO Number: 12-1-7A
- Date: January 10, 2012
- Time: 4:02 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2300 block of NW 12 Court, Pompano Beach
- Jurisdiction: Pompano Beach
- Broward Sheriff’s Office / State of Florida
- 1. Johnny Wright, 23, 12/20/88, male, Pompano Beach (DECEASED)
- 2. Jean Marcel Coulanges, 18, 5/30/93, 7807 NW 40 Ct., Coral Springs
- 3. Elvence Saint Aulien, 19, 11/4/92, 6282 Island Way, Margate
Description of Incident:
Two men who were accomplices in an illegal gun sale that ended in a suspect’s death have now been charged with murder.
Johnny Wright, 23, died Tuesday afternoon after he pointed a gun at undercover law enforcement officers and was fired upon by a BSO deputy and a Coral Springs Police officer. Jean Marcel Coulanges, 18, and Elvence Saint Aulien, 19, arrived in Saint Aulien’s car, apparently planning to steal the money that undercover officers were paying them for three guns.
At one point, Coulanges pointed a rifle at the undercover deputy as they attempted to steal the money. Wright pointed a handgun at officers as he fled on foot, at which time he was shot and mortally wounded.
Coulanges and Saint Aulien were booked at BSO’s main jail, charged with first degree murder, and will be held without bond.
- THIS REPORT BY: Det. J. Curcio, Capt. R. Schnakenberg, CID Jim Leljedal / PIO 1/11/12 1100
Posted At: 01/11/2012 12:25 PM
Translate This Page: