BELIZAIRE BACK BEHIND BARS FOR LAUDERDALE LAKES TRIPLE MURDER
Posted At: 07/17/2012 12:48 PM
- BSO Case Number: 04-12-01-000938
- PIO Number: 12-7-16 (12-1-11)
- Date: January 15, 2012
- Time: 7:51 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208, Lauderdale Lakes
- Jurisdiction: Lauderdale Lakes
- Natasha Plummer, female, 25, 10/15/86, 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208 (DECEASED)
- Carlton Stringer Jr., male, 6-months-old, 7/14/11, 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208 (DECEASED)
- Octavia Barnett, female, 21, 7/2/90, 2750 Somerset Drive, Apt. T-208 (DECEASED)
- Lineten Belizaire, male, 21, 2/15/91, LKA 1824 NW 94 St., Miami (IN CUSTODY)
Description of Incident:
A Miami-Dade man is back in jail for the murders of a baby boy and two women in January in their Lauderdale Lakes apartment.
Lineten Belizaire, 21, will face three counts of second-degree murder with a firearm for the shootings that resulted in the deaths of 25-year-old Natasha Plummer, her 6-month-old son Carlton Stringer Jr. and their roommate Octavia Barnett, 21. Barnett and Belizaire’s 11-month-old son was in the apartment at the time, but the infant was not injured. He was found in the arms of his mother, who was killed while hiding in a bedroom closet.
Belizaire was initially arrested a week after the January 15 murders and was charged with three counts of first-degree murder. In March, a grand jury deferred judgment and recommended further investigation on the case. Belizaire was released from jail, and BSO homicide detectives continued to investigate the case.
“When two young women and an innocent baby boy are gunned down, we have to find justice,” Sheriff Al Lamberti said. “Since the morning of the murders, this case has been a priority of the Broward Sheriff’s Office and the homicide detectives who never stopped working on it.”
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. E. Torres, Sgt. Ellwood, CID Lauderdale Lakes
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO July 17, 2012 1300
Translate This Page: