BSO DETECTIVES LOOK FOR SECOND ‘PERSON OF INTEREST’ IN DANIA BEACH SHOOTING
- BSO Case Number: DN11-12-0668
- PIO Number: 11-12-14B
- Date: December 10, 2011
- Time: 1:26 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Phippen Road and S. W. 7 Street, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Dijon Brown, male, 20, 3/21/91, 2310 Persian St., #12-2, Hollywood (DECEASED)
- Eric Hunter, male, 18, 2/26/93, unknown address (WANTED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives are looking for a second man possibly involved in the Saturday morning shooting death of a 20-year-old Hollywood man. Christopher Q. Jordan, 20, is wanted for questioning. His last known address is 35 N.W. 10th Court, #6, in Dania Beach.
There is an arrest warrant for 18-year-old Eric Hunter on a first-degree murder charge. Detectives are actively searching for Hunter, who has a history of narcotics-related arrests.
Around 1:26 a.m. Saturday, BSO deputies were called to a crowded Dania Beach street party. When they arrived, party-goers flagged them down to say a man had just been shot in the street. Brown was shot multiple times and died at the scene. There was an ongoing dispute between Brown and Hunter that boiled over at the large gathering, detectives said.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Christopher Jordan, Eric Hunter or other information about the homicide can contact Homicide Det. Tim Duggan at BSO’s non-emergency number, (954) 765-4321 or report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
Media note: Photos of Jordan and Hunter are attached to this release.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Duggan, Torres, Sgt. Feeley CID Dania Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 12/11/11 1115