SHOPLIFTER STRIPS TO ESCAPE
- BSO Case Number: 12-1403-003028
- PIO Number: 14-4-3
- Date: March 27, 2014
- Time: 10:45 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Family Dollar, 2901 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Family Dollar, 2901 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park
- unidentified male (video available)
Description of Incident:
A store manager struggled with a shoplifter as he tried to flee the Oakland Park store with items he shoved into his pants.
At 10:45 p.m. on March 27, the manager of the Family Dollar in Oakland Park, noticed a man hiding behind an aisle, shoving several items into his pants. The manager confronted the shoplifter, asking what he was doing. The man tried to make for the exit, but the manager grabbed the man’s arms. He yelled for her to let go but she would not and continued to struggle until she pulled his sweater right off his body. The shirtless shoplifter fled in a dark red truck with partial Florida tag of “BED.” He got away with more than a hundred dollars worth of Aleve and batteries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Mohammad Razi at 954-321-4547 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
** Media Note: Surveillance video is available for download at www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: BSO Robbery Det. Mohammad Razi, CID
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 4/3/14 1500
Translate This Page: