HOMICIDE IN CENTRAL BROWARD
- BSO Case Number: BS02-08-11742
- PIO Number: 02-8-51
- Date: August 25, 2002
- Time: 0455
- Place of Occurrence: 1275 NW 27 Avenue, unincorporated Central Broward
- Rodriquez Thomas, 38, 9/14/63, male, 1603 NW 60 Avenue, Sunrise (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff's Office homicide detectives are investigating the shooting death of a Sunrise man that occurred early Sunday morning in central Broward County.
At approximately 4:55 a.m., BSO deputies responded to 1275 NW 27 Avenue reference a man lying in the front yard. The victim, later identified as 38-year-old Rodriquez Thomas, was transported to Broward General Medical Center where he later died.
Homicide detectives said Thomas was visiting a relative with two other friends. When he arrived at the residence, he was shot shortly after getting out of his white Pontiac Grand Prix. No motive is known at this time, and detectives are not releasing where on his body Thomas was shot as they try to identify suspects. No other injures were reported.
Anyone with information on this shooting is urged to call BSO Homicide Det. John Berrena at (954) 321-4210 or call Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at (954) 493-TIPS. A reward up to $1,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the individuals responsible for this fatal shooting.
- INVESTIGATORS: Sgt. B. O’Neil, and Det. J. Berrena, CI
- THIS REPORT BY: Veda Coleman-Wright/PIO
Posted At: 08/25/2002 02:25 PM
- Photo of Victim - Victim Rodriquez Thomas
Translate This Page: