TRIPLE STABBING IN POMPANO BEACH
- BSO Case Number: PB02-12-09124
- PIO Number: 02-12-39
- Date: December 22, 2002
- Place of Occurrence: 801 S. Federal Highway, Pompano Beach, FL
- Martin Krutak, 45, 11/7/57, 1200 Hibiscus, #1003, Pompano Beach, FL
- Joseph Grimaldi, 36, 1/26/66, 801 S. Federal Highway, #306, Pompano Beach, FL
- Mark Enger, 36, 4/3/66, 1182 Shibony Circle, Apt. C, West Palm Beach, FL
- Robert Bergen, 27, 7/21/75, address unknown at this time
Description of Incident:
A night of partying ended early Sunday morning when one of the five men involved stabbed three others at a Pompano Beach apartment.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are investigating the incident that started at Boom, a Wilton Manors nightclub at 2234 Wilton Drive. That is where, according to detectives, 24-year old Martin Balewicz of 613 NE 29th Drive in Wilton Manors and an acquaintance, 27-year old Robert Bergen went the evening of Saturday, December 21, 2002.
At the nightclub, Balewicz and Bergen met three other men, 45-year old Martin Krutak, 36-year old Joseph Grimaldi, both of Pompano Beach, and 36-year old Mark Enger of West Palm Beach. The five partied until closing time and took a taxi to Grimaldi’s home at the Waterford Point condominiums, 801 S. Federal Highway. At Grimaldi’s third floor apartment, the men continued their revelry.
For a reason not yet known, sometime shortly before 5:30 the morning of Sunday, December 22, Bergen pulled out a knife and stabbed and slashed Krutak, Grimaldi, and Enger and fled.
Balewicz left the scene and the three injured men drove themselves to Imperial Point Medical Center where Krutak and Grimaldi remain. Enger was transported to North Broward Medical Center. None is believed to have sustained life-threatening injuries.
Detectives tracked Bergen to the 600 block of NE 29th Drive in Wilton Manors and arrested him at about 11:30 Sunday morning. At this point no motive has been established for his actions. Bergen is in the Broward Sheriff’s Office Main Jail and charges against him are pending as the investigation continues.
- INVESTIGATORS: Det. M. Gordon, CI, D-11
- THIS REPORT BY: Hugh Graf 12/22/02 1:30 p.m.
- Robert Bergen - Robert Bergen
Translate This Page: