BSO CLEANS HOUSE AT HOME IMPROVEMENT STORE
- BSO Case Number: SW12-08-8371
- PIO Number: 12-9-3
- Date: 8/31/12
- Time: 10:20 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Lowe’s, 6600 Dykes Rd., Southwest Ranches
- Jurisdiction: Southwest Ranches
- Lowe’s, 6600 Dykes Rd., Southwest Ranches
- Fabien Tassy, 20, male, 1/23/92, 685 NW 156 Ave., Pembroke Pines (AT LARGE)
- Willie Bartherlemy, 24, male, 6/27/88, 18230 NW 19 Street, Pembroke Pines
- Lucas Gonzalez, 19, male, 11/4/92, 13526 NW 7 Street, Pembroke Pines
- Edgardo Gutierrez, 24, male, 12/26/87, 15743 NW 11 Street, Pembroke Pines
- Julien Elie, 22, male, 6/18/90, 19680 NW 82 Court, Hialeah
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested four Lowe’s employees after a three-month investigation revealed that they were literally walking merchandise out of the store.
BSO Southwest Ranches investigators were notified of the retail theft scam by the Lowe’s loss prevention personnel. The scam involved three cashiers and two floor employees. The two employees, Edgardo Gutierrez, 24, and Julien Elie, 22, would fill a cart with merchandise and head to a register manned by one the three cashier accomplices. The cashiers acted as if they were scanning all the merchandise, but usually only charged an inexpensive item or a soft drink. The suspects walked out with hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise having paid only a few bucks.
In total, the group is suspected of stealing at least $70,000 worth of property, which included power tools, electrical equipment, lawn and garden products, construction and contracting tools and other miscellaneous items, which were later sold online or to people they knew.
All the suspects were taken into custody on Aug. 31 and have since been released on bond, except for Fabien Tassy, who remains at large.
They all face charges of grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
Anyone with information on Tassy’s whereabouts should contact BSO Detective Steven Murley at 954-680-0010 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS(8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org.
***MEDIA NOTE: Clear video of the suspects committing the crime is available for download through our website www.sheriff.org.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Murley & Faircloth, SWR/SID; SW Ranches
- THIS REPORT BY: Keyla Concepción/PIO 9/4/12 1430
Posted At: 09/04/2012 02:23 PM
- PIO 12-9-3 BSO Cleans House at Home Improvement Store - Willie Bartherlemy
- PIO 12-9-3 BSO Cleans House at Home Improvement Store - Edgardo Guitierrez
- PIO 12-9-3 BSO Cleans House at Home Improvement Store - Julien Elie
- PIO 12-9-3 BSO Cleans House at Home Improvement Store - Lucas Gonzalez
Translate This Page: