TAGGERS TARGET WESTON
- BSO Case Number: various
- PIO Number: 14-3-5
- Date: November 18, 2013 – February 10, 2014
- Time: various
- Place of Occurrence: 1780 N. Commerce Pkwy., Weston (November 18, 2013)
- 1780 N. Commerce Pkwy., Weston (December 25, 2013)
- 1840 N. Commerce Pkwy., Apt 1, Weston (December 26, 2013)
- 1796 N. Commerce Pkwy., Weston (January 20, 2014)
- 1600 N. Commerce Pkwy., Weston (February 1, 2014)
- 1899 Three Village Rd./Town Center Circle, Weston (February 5, 2014)
- 1600 N. Park Dr., Weston (February 8, 2014)
- 1800 N. Commerce Pkwy., Weston (February 10, 2014)
- Jurisdiction: Weston
- various unidentified
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are searching for a group of vandals with a propensity for criminal mischief. The graffiti taggers have targeted various locations in the city of Weston, defacing public and private property.
There have been seven reported instances of vandalism to Weston communities, businesses and city property over the last four months. The group responsible has spray-painted graffiti tags on walls, utility sheds, bus stops and parking lots. As many as 10 different names or tags have been identified. Detectives believe these incidents involve a group of individuals that live in or frequent the area.
On February 8, a Kraft Foods trailer parked at 1600 N. Park Dr. was spray-painted with the tag “Live and Death.” Deputies arrested a juvenile as he rode his bike away from the scene soon after the incident. The subject had two spray cans and 26 spray paint caps in his possession, as well as other items used to deface the trailer. The youth was charged with one count of criminal mischief and two counts of possession of a concealed weapon.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Detective Mike Kravecz at 954-659-3531or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
INVESTIGATORS: BSO Det. Mike Kravecz, D8/CID
THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/ PIO 3/5/14 1000
Translate This Page: