PEDESTRIAN FATALLY STRUCK IN OAKLAND PARK
- BSO Case Number: 12-1707-001656
- PIO Number: 17-7-14
- Date: July 13, 2017
- Time: 11:09 p.m.
- Place of Occurrence: near 1800 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Oakland Park
- Pedestrian: name withheld pending next of kin notification (DECEASED)
- Jurisdiction: Oakland Park
- Driver(s): Jessica Thompson, 28, female, Pompano Beach
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigators Unit detectives are investigating a fatal crash Thursday night in Oakland Park.
Just after 11 p.m. July 13, Jessica Thompson was driving a 2007 Jeep Wrangler westbound on West Oakland Park Boulevard in the far right lane near the 1800 block. The pedestrian was on the sidewalk along the north side of the roadway.
The pedestrian walked off the sidewalk into the far right thru lane of West Oakland Park Boulevard directly into the path of Thompson’s Jeep where he was struck. He was transported to Broward Health Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 11:38 p.m.
Neither driver impairment nor mechanical failures seem to be a factor in the crash.
- INVESTIGATORS: THI Dets. Kelliher & Wiley
- THIS REPORT BY: Gina Carter/PIO 7/14/17 1300
Posted At: 07/14/2017 11:37 AM
Translate This Page: