Road closures for Sunday’s motorcycle run
Posted At: 12/06/2006 12:00 AM
Sunday morning’s Toys for Tots Motorcycle Run may draw up to 50,000 motorcycle enthusiasts, and Broward County motorists traveling in the vicinity of the run are encouraged to find alternate routes to avoid delays.
Road closures along the route will affect traffic flow beginning around 9:00 a.m. as the bikes leave Pompano Harness Track, heading toward Markham Park in western Broward. During this time traffic will be halted until all riders have passed at:
- Eastbound Atlantic Blvd. from Pompano Park Harness Track to I-95 (1 mile)
- Southbound I-95 from Atlantic Blvd. to I-595 (19 miles)
- Westbound I-595 from I-95 to 136th Ave. (12 miles)
- Westbound SR 84 from 136th Ave. to Markham Park
- All I-95 and I-595 entrance and exit ramps in the direction of the procession.
Motorists can expect traffic on all intersecting roadways to back up considerably while the ramps are closed. Drivers should allow ample travel time to reach destinations via alternate routes, especially those headed to Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Port Everglades, the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Sawgrass Mills or other major venues where traffic is normally heavy this time of year.
For safety reasons, spectators will not be allowed to stop or stand on the lanes or shoulders of northbound I-95 and eastbound I-595 where traffic will be traveling at normal speed.
Translate This Page: