BSO INVESTIGATING FATAL SHOOTING IN DANIA BEACH
- BSO Case Number: DN11-12-0668
- PIO Number: 11-12-14
- Date: December 10, 2011
- Time: 1:26 a.m.
- Place of Occurrence: Phippen Road and S. W. 7 Street, Dania Beach
- Jurisdiction: Dania Beach
- Dijon Brown, male, 20, 3/21/91, 2310 Persian St., #12-2, Hollywood (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to a crowded Dania Beach street party early Saturday morning to quell a disturbance. When they arrived, party-goers flagged them down to say a man had just been shot in the street.
BSO Homicide detectives are investigating to determine the circumstances that led to the death of 20-year-old Dijon Brown, who was shot multiple times and died at the scene. There may have been an ongoing dispute between the victim and another man who was at the large gathering.
Anyone with information about this homicide can report it anonymously to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS or online at www.browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- INVESTIGATORS: Dets. Duggan, Torres, Sgt. Feeley CID Dania Beach
- THIS REPORT BY: Dani Moschella/PIO 12/10/11 1215
Translate This Page: